Sunday, October 13, 2019

My courses at Studieskolen so far

Here's a list of the open courses I've taught at Studieskolen since 2017. I've been working there longer, actually, since 2014, at one point handling an elementary Filipino course along with Writing courses at C1 level. And since 2015, I've been teaching short Business English courses tailored to the needs of the various companies that approach Studieskolen's Business department.

Elementary Conversation (A2)
English Conversation and Grammar (B1)
TOEFL Crash Course (B2)
English Speaking and Writing (B2)
Cambridge Institute Business Weekly (B2)
Conversation and Writing (B2)
Conversation and Writing for Fluency (B2-C1)
English Conversation and Grammar (B2)
Academic Writing (C1)
Advanced Conversation (C1)
Cambridge English Proficiency (C2)
Cambridge English Advanced C1 (exam preparation)

Except for the Cambridge English Proficiency course, none of them really afford the opportunity to bring literary writing, or indeed, into the classroom. But this Fall (2019) I've been lucky enough to be facilitating a book club, a bit of an experimental offering, which I hope will be repeated.

Last month, we discussed Michelle Obama's Becoming, and two weeks from now, it'll be Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Il Vespaio (Hornet's Nest, 1970) blog

I have a new project: a fan blog titled " The Boys of Il Vespaio ", with a subtitle that mirrors this (I ragazzi del Hornet's ...