Monday, April 10, 2023

100 Faces in 300 days, part 6: one person (Dan Keller)




These are all drawings of Dan Keller at various ages. And I don't think I'm done yet.

I've moved from random strangers seen on holiday to people I know or have communicated with -- newer friends and those from way back. This happened after I'd drawn 59 faces and was feeling a bit more confident about my skills. I started with self-portraits and then did the picture of Dan that you see above, taken in 2011 in Hawaii and found on his website: www.dan-keller.com.

Work in progress. From a 1970 photo on his website.


Dan is the Daniel Keller of Hornet's Nest (Il Vespaio), so that could be what is at the root of my fascination with him, the fantasy boy of my sixth/seventh-grade self. But it is more nuanced than that. I will ponder. I will articulate the results of said pondering. Soon.


 Above: As Tekko in Hornet's Nest, 1970 (Il Vespaio). 
Filmed in 1969.


1972








No comments:

Post a Comment

An Il Vespaio (Hornet's Nest, 1970) blog

I have a new project: a fan blog titled " The Boys of Il Vespaio ", with a subtitle that mirrors this (I ragazzi del Hornet's ...