Saturday, August 17, 2013

Teaching basic Filipino to Danish students this fall


Am looking forward to the fall term, which for me starts on Wednesday, 4 September. That’s when my class in basic Filipino at Studieskolen (Gothersgade 12, 1300 København K) meets for the first time. We had a great spring term with some very dedicated students, and I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of new faces – and the great diversity that such a class involves.

Medium of instruction will primarily be English, though students are of course free to express themselves in Danish, and there will be Danish translations as needed.

And as for my lovely students last term, I’m hoping to see some of them again in Filipino II, which is also being offered this fall. Filipino I is not a pre-requisite, so if you are in Denmark right now, and feel you know the basics of this extremely-flexible Malayo-Polynesian language, then feel free to sign up. In Filipino I last spring, we managed to string sentences while avoiding verbs (yes, it’s possible!) but this time, in Filipino II, we’re going to see some action!

Do contact Stine Hejlesen, tlf. 33 18 79 37, andresprog@studieskolen.dkfor more information.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Il Vespaio (Hornet's Nest, 1970) blog

I have a new project: a fan blog titled " The Boys of Il Vespaio ", with a subtitle that mirrors this (I ragazzi del Hornet's ...