Wednesday, January 25, 2023

A new novel

I sent in a manuscript to a publisher today.  They'd expressed interest in the book (a short novel) based on the synopsis I'd emailed them.

Now to keep my fingers crossed and be prepared for rejection, or if the news is good, the possibility of revisions.  I've been writing a lot the past weeks  emails, blog posts, private fiction — so further writing need not proceed from a cold start.

I can't say anything about the book right now other than to say it was written in the first half of 2022, before I was gripped by Il Vespaio fever. 

Also that in 2022 it felt like a book that I needed to get out of the way before I could indulge in the rest of my projects. 

The accompanying pastel drawing is of some limestone cliffs I photographed as we drove back from the Batu Caves to Kuala Lumpur in September 2022. I added the beach and the water. It is now a view of a tropical island, the world of my new novel.  

 © 2023 Lakambini Sitoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Il Vespaio (Hornet's Nest, 1970) blog

I have a new project: a fan blog titled " The Boys of Il Vespaio ", with a subtitle that mirrors this (I ragazzi del Hornet's ...