Manuel L. Quezon III has written a brilliant essay on his book-filled childhood, without cynicism and full of faith:
http://archive.inquirer.net/view.php?db=0&story_id=55017
This excerpt, on the drudgery of formal education, makes me smile: "What sort of a life is this, I perpetually asked myself, that condemns us to be trained, like little dogs, to urinate ink on pieces of paper, and then to derive satisfaction from being praised for the performance?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
An Il Vespaio (Hornet's Nest, 1970) blog
I have a new project: a fan blog titled " The Boys of Il Vespaio ", with a subtitle that mirrors this (I ragazzi del Hornet's ...
-
A while back, on the perfume forum to which I occasionally post, a lady wanted to know what “Singapore perfumes” were. She came from Sin...
-
I'm very pleased and proud to be part of a new anthology titled Querida , a word of Spanish origins which in the Ph...
No comments:
Post a Comment